Carmel S Ntr
map-marker Apopka, Florida

Ripped off

Never received report. Called, Messaged, emailed. Kept saying I would receive report tomorrow but tomorrow never came. See ya in small claims court.

Michael J Pgr

| map-marker Bay Shore, New York

Dissatisfied with Service Provided

Pillar To Post - Dissatisfied with Service Provided
Inspector missed quite a few concerning defects/issues/etc. that could have been addressed/corrected by seller, but that opportunity was lost since and we did not notice until after we bought and moved in. Owner came over to view missed items. Was not happy with his response. I called customer service but have not received a response as of yet. The pic below is of the sill that is dipping. The inspector missed it and the owner said, "We're not engineers!" I know they're not, but it still should have been part of the report so it could be addressed with the seller. So many things they missed!

Preferred solution: Refund of the inspection fee plus compensation for the missed items that I am now responsible for - items that should have been handled by the seller. Too many items to list here

User's recommendation: Go through the house with the inspector and don't be afraid to point out issues of concern.

Dorothy Q Kzl

| map-marker Wesley Chapel, Florida

Have termites still after paying terminex close to 2,000

I signed a contract with Terminex never recived copy , payment hiistory and payment history. They do it on the tablet. I paid close to 2,000 dollars. Was never told when the renewal was they tried telling me insufficient funds when I found out the manager Daniel Grimsley told employees that they were not to run card. Because they were unable to get rid of the termites did not want me as a customer. He told me of the chemical on initial visit, but would not give any information. I mentioned that they did not check the bait boxes in the ground so that they refunded. If I start with another company I am going to have to start all over again. I feel I should get a refund for all. I still have termites with no service.

User's recommendation: I would not use terminex in tampa fl area

Jim M Yid

| map-marker West Bloomfield Township, Michigan

Misleading information given to buyer of my residence

Home inspectors are "jack of all trades" and masters of none. This became evident in the inspectors observation of a "slow" flushing toilet and his subjective conclusion that the drain must be clogged. I paid for a plumber to come out, and after he snaked the drain and checked the adjustment on the water refill his official assessment was the drain was NOT clogged and the aforementioned "slow flush was a direct result of the age and the design of the toilet. So I needlessly incurred the cost of a plumber to correctly address the so called problem IAfter reading similar Wtfcause the inspector did not have sufficient plumbing knowlrde plumber

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: After reading other reviews of this company, I would look elsewhere to hire an inspector

Howard W Vma

| map-marker Troy, Michigan

To inform future potential customers

Pillartopost in Troy, MI, Joe Germilhac. He missed 6 items, that we know of so far, that cost us over $6,000 in repairs. Like not knowing gas lines cannot be in a copper pipe. He was belligerent and uncooperative, and he has no liability insurance. Shame on Remax for not requiring proof of insurance before recommending his company.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Arrogant attitude
  • Poor inspection report

Preferred solution: I would like his insurance company to handle our claim or, if no insurance, a full refund.

User's recommendation: Use someone with building experience

bruce k Axl
map-marker Novi, Michigan

Admitted fault willing to pay but backed out after BOO Randall the onwer

I used this *** poor company Randall Patterson owned for home and pool inspection,Owner told them about the Stove that was not lighting properly I didnt know this and when we moved in i found out. i called and talked to him and he admitted guilt for she told him this and told me he would pay for the repair. service guy said part was obsolete . i then called Randall who refused to even pay the $99 service fee!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Guys were nice
Cons:
  • Waste of inspection

Preferred solution: Your choice: -$99 service fee they Viking Tech charged me to tell me the unit was not fixable. -Inspection fee returned. You missed a broken microwave ($400 to fix) and a busted diving board ($2000 to fix) . $500 -New stove $2600

User's recommendation: DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

Sonia L Evi
map-marker Pueblo, Colorado

Inspection Report was wrong

Original review Jun 25, 2021
I purchased a house in December and the inspection report showed an AC. I now know there is no AC in this house, and the inspection company is only willing to refund what I paid for the inspection. The report was flat out inaccurate and now I live in a house that I do not want and they are not willing to help, other than to refund the cost of the inspection.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Dan was nice during the inspection
Cons:
  • Refusal to be accountable
  • Poor business ethics
  • Reported appliance that did not exist

Preferred solution: I would like Pillar to Post to pay for the AC to be installed in this house. I based my purchase decision on what was in the report and now I have a house that is not what I wanted.

User's recommendation: Do not trust Pillar to Post Inspections

David T Kzz

Verified Reviewer

Company weasled out of issue

They FAILED to inform of a defective clothes washer water valve. When I told them about it, Chad Casper (Post to pillar owner) out of responsibility and essentially said 'tuff'.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Lots

User's recommendation: Avoid Post-to-Pillar and Chad Casper WEASLED

Flerida S

Complaining

Pillar To Post - Complaining
Pillar To Post - Complaining - Image 2
Pillar To Post - Complaining - Image 3
I paid the inspections for buying a house and the inspector told us that everything was good with the house, some issues with the concrete on the driveway that needs to be fill it, and I just have one week in the house and the ceiling is leaking and the carpet is all wet, and now I dont know how to fix it, if the inspector told us that the house wasnt in good condition we never buy it, but we trusted in him and we bought it and we just have one week and we already have problems with the house I fill awful.
Cons:
  • Worst inspection ever

Preferred solution: Tell me who is going to fix the cealing

User's recommendation: Never trust on them

Brandon W Fre
map-marker Kalispell, Montana

Terrible Job due to lack of knowledge and professionalism.

Pillar To Post - Terrible Job due to lack of knowledge and professionalism.
Pillar To Post - Terrible Job due to lack of knowledge and professionalism. - Image 2
Pillar To Post - Terrible Job due to lack of knowledge and professionalism. - Image 3

Nick Hanson w/ Pillar to Post was chosen to conduct the building inspection for our Home purchase in the Flathead Valley in the summer of 2019. He came and did his couple hours of inspection.

Sent us a folder with some small discrepancies, like and outlet here or drip there. Then we bought and moved in, Only to find out that there were serious problems. Windows were installed upside down and leaking causing unseen damage. The Radiant heat system was NOT actually working like we were told.

There were air locks in the lines, some of the piping was actually installed backwards, and a long list of problems. The kicker is, that when actual professionals came out to our home and looked they saw the glaring issues from feet away! New window installers From Valley Glass ( it took them a little while, but they did do a professional job in the end) took one look and knew immediately that the windows were bad, causing damage, and needed replacing. The Weep Holes were upside down for heavens sake!

As for the Radiant heat system, I had Three separate professionals come out and tell me Identical problems with it.

I did this because the problems were so expensive to fix I didn't want believe it from just one source. Ultimately, it required a new boiler which would actually heat the system, not the small shower heater that was in place, pipe and getting the air separator turned around so actually pulled air out of the line, and so on to the tune of over $8,000 once it was all said and done. I had a couple quotes and this was by far the best we could do and do it right. Boilers are expensive, copper is expensive, Its all expensive which is why I contacted Nick Hanson about all these things not being revealed by him.

To his credit, Nick Hanson actually came back out to the property and looked at all the things the actual professionals easily pointed out in their quick visual inspections.

He claimed, while he was here that "He wanted me the customer to be happy of course and that he and Pillar to Post would take care of us".

Then in a couple days, assuredly after seeing the cost of all these problems, Nick sent the "fine print" and "blameless" email.

I am cutting and pasting here from his actual letter.

"A residential real estate inspection is a snap-shot in time, a limited, non-invasive, visual inspection that is

conducted under accepted industry-wide protocols. These protocols are promulgated by the American

Society of Home Inspectors ("ASHI"). "

&;;;;;;;;;;

"Home inspectors, by very nature of their trade, are generalists and are trained to identify areas in need of

follow-up or assessment by an appropriate qualified tradesman. A home inspector is not required to

identify the extent of any concern identified, that is the role of a specialist.

"

As you can imagine, Nick Hanson and Pillar to Post never corrected anything. Never assisted with the cost of fixing anything. Never refunded the $750 we paid for the poor and delinquent home inspection in the first place.

Just the formal letter basically stating that home inspectors don't really know anything about construction, or plumbing, or wiring etc. They are "generalists" and totally willing to take your money and swing by, look at the place, and "give you a snap-shot in time".

map-marker Miami, Florida

Excellent customer service provided by Ricky Diaz

I normally dont write reviews, but I have to post my experience with Pillar to Post Home Inspector. My experience with Ricky Diaz was amazing from start to end. He arrived on time, he was very detailed and explain the process and expectations of the home inspection. He took his time and conducted the full inspection as expected. He mentioned if at anytime I needed anything from him not to hesitate to call him back that he would help in any question or concerns. I truly recommend this company and specially Mr. Ricardo Diaz. Was truly a pleasure had worked with him.
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Missed major issues

Completely disregarded to inform us of massive termite damage throughout the house, along with prior water damage and plumbing issues. Never trust your realtor to choose the company to do your inspection, especially pillar to post!!!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE this company!!!

Regina D Ioy
map-marker Mentor, Ohio

Not experience enough

Totally missed the crawl space - issues with the joists and main support beam. Called Mike Rowe and told him, I can't put in a floating floor, off by 1 3/4 " the floor not level. Mike Rowe came back and said to me aren't you going to put in carpet? Very inexperienced and professional. It cost me closed to $5000. Had to hire an engineer firm and took forever to find a contractor who would do the work. His claim department insurance is useless. They closed the case out, before I responded. He offered me the fee of $375.00 back, are you kidding me. DO NOT HIRE HIM. DO NOT HIRE A Franchise INSPECTOR at all!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Worst inspection ever

User's recommendation: no.

Marina H
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Complaint

When I moved in I noticed both bathroom and kitchen sinks were leaking. Ceiling fan in bedroom motor ran but fan didn't turn. Electrical outlet doesn't work. Floor slopes to middle of house. Neighbor's tree touches roof. After calling them about these issues, they suggest I call an electrician. Worthless inspection.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Save your money or try another inspection company.

map-marker Holly, Michigan

Don't Do Business With Pillar To Post

Art was very nice and explained a lot of things when doing the inspection but missed a very big issue.

We had the home inspection at the end of July 2019. We could not take possession until the first week in September.

After we moved in, I heard noises from the fireplace.

We contacted an exterminator who told us that a colony of bats had inhabited our attic for at least a year because of the quantity of bat droppings in the entire attic.

And because of the quantity of bat droppings, we must have the attic cleaned, and all of the insulation has to be replaced. All of this is costly and left us feeling very dissatisfied with the home inspection.

Looking back, we recalled that Art had inspected the attic.

You would think that any signs of bat activity during a home inspection, would be noted in the home inspectors report and that they might suggest a review by a qualified pest control specialist.

Art was contacted and said that he would call back on Friday to let me know what time on Monday he would be able to come back and look at what was found. No callback was done until Monday which by then an appointment was made to have the entries and exits repaired so that the bats could leave but return therefore Art would not have been able to see for himself. When Art did callback on Monday all he could say was “I wish you would have waited.”

Why Art so more bats can come into the house?

I hate giving bad reviews especially when the person was very nice, but I feel that if I would have known about this issue, I would have negotiated a better price.

A call was placed to the Regional Director Stephanie Fisher who said that because Art is a single owner franchise and they have a contract with him that they cannot step in.

WAIT....

WHAT??? He buys into the franchise but they have no rules or standards to follow??

Guest

In 2017 Arturo screwed us as well. Claimed on the report that we had a steel support beam that was in damaged.

Three years later we find we have a severely rotted wooden support beam you can put your hand thru.

Don’t even get me started on the guy he hired to inspect out septic Who didn’t Actually inspect our septic. Replaced the field in the first year.

Guest

Wish we would have seen this before purchasing this nightmare! Not only did the inspector miss plumbing issues, but previous extensive water damage.....and ridiculous termite damage

Guest

Wish I had read these comments prior to buying my house. Sadly, similar issues.

Termites, roof leaking and much more. My advice,do your research, do not trust your realtor for referrals.

Guest

Totally agree. I had the same situation. Pilar to post is not a great company for home inspections.

Guest

I had a very similar situation. Pilar to Post also did my home inspection.

They did not complete a thorough inspection.

Major problems were missed. This cost me over thousands in repairs.

View more comments (4)
Barbara W Puu

Verified Reviewer

Check everything after they do their inspection BEFORE you buy.

Greg Henke in Idaho (now deceased) inspected my home for a purchase on 4/30/2018. He pointed out a few things that were obvious to me but when he inspected the crawl space he took a picture of the duct work that was in good condition noting "No significant visible damage noted" and I signed off on the report.

I had to call in a termite company for some floor molding that had some bug damage just 5-days after the home closed Escrow and he went into the crawl space and told me that mice had made holes in the insulation. I had no idea, never having a crawl space before, that these many large holes were in the ductwork but he also reported that there was no current mouse activity; that this had happened probably over time. I then paid a handyman to distribute mouse baits inside the crawl space soon afterwards. Well, the next year late in the summer, I'm out working in my flowerbeds close to the house and right next to an outside crawl space vent while the a/c was running and there was a lot of very cold air coming out of the vent; this explained why it didn't cool the house very quickly; I thought it was just due to an inferior a/c unit.

I then had my boyfriend inspect the crawl space ductwork and there were at least a dozen large holes in the ducts - the same as the termite guy had reported. If I had understood what the insulation was at that time I would have complained LOUDLY that this was a costly problem that was missed by the Pillar to Post Inspector.

Plus, had it been reported by this guy, I would have requested it be replaced by the seller before I would have purchased the home. Now I am stuck with a very costly replacement; for now, the holes have been duct taped but have been told that it will not last.

Cons:
  • Loss of money property and caused stress

Thanks