15243 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935, USA

We are selling our home which was constructed in 1993 by a contractor for his own famly. We purchased the home in 2001 and have been very happy with our purchase.

Pillar to Post inspector Bryan Finley, 633 Hillhaven Dr. San Marcos, CA 92078 (619)315-3550 was hired by the buyers to inspect our home. Here are my complaints: 1) We were forced to leave for 3 hours even though we run a home business and were greatly inconvenienced. 2) Bryan told the buyers that it looked as though our home was "nickel and dimed" when it came to the improvements we had done.

We have put close to $100,000 in improvement into the home over the past 15 years so I don't know how that translates into nickels and dimes! I feel that making a statement like that was very unprofessional! 3) He claimed that the home foundation looked like it had issues and he would not buy the home for his own son, and advised the buyers not to buy it. He even cut the inspection short at this point and did not finish it which resulted in the buyers backing out of the purchase.

4) He did not leave our home in the condition in which it was when he and the buyers arrived.

He left doors wide open! We have not seen his report yet but we feel like he gives his own possibly skewed opinion instead of simply stating facts.

Comments

#1502057

After seeing toe nailed stair railes, no braces, a hot tub on a elevated 2nd floor deck, the deck is bowing with inadaquatic supports, a door with a three foot drop, no stairs the BUYERS had seen enough. You should blame the guy who ripped you off not the one who pointed it out.

I suggest to have the city code inspector look at it and you got silent. Now I see another erroneous post. Yelp took her last one down for being fake.

I should post your pictures so we can all laugh at it. She is not a client of mine, she is a seller with a jacked up house.

As an inspector, he's not supposed to put his personal opinion into it like that. But, he did.

There's nothing you can do about it. Absolutely nothing. Sell the house to someone else. If YOU don't feel like you nickel and dimed the improvements, then you should be able to get your asking price.

I have a hard time believing that one single inspection cost you the sale of your house. In this market, people are anxious to find properties. Move on. Here's a tissue.Also, an inspector can't FORCE you to leave your home.

You as a seller knew that the inspection was coming. You should have made arrangements to leave. Or maybe you have a hard time following guidelines. Most buyer's agents will request that the sellers are not home for the inspection so they don't hear the findings of the inspection.

After all, it's their inspection. Not yours.

Stop crying about the inspection and find someone else to buy the house. All this time you wasted typing this absolutely baseless complaint should have been spent finding another buyer.

to GG #1492163

GG, here we go again...."get a tissue and quit crying?"Would you mind if I chipped some of the ice of the heart shaped object in your chest cavity for the cold drink I need in my abnormally warm new house...Thanks GG, you are awesome, and helpful!

to GG #1502066

Thank you, I should share the pictures so we can all laugh. Yelp took her last post down.

If s client says they don’t want to have to do a lot of work on the house then it becomes part of your obligation.

This was all jacked up. No way!!!

He probably has no clue what he is looking at. As a Home Inspector, his job is to inspect a home and provide a detailed report of any shortcomings, issues, or code violations discovered during his inspection.

His comments were very inappropriate and unprofessional. Sorry you had to deal with this type of Home Inspector.

to Winning Edge Home Inspections #1502068

I am a former Federal Inspector with 5yrs experience in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. I am certified to inspect anything that doesn’t fly or float with multiple awards from NATO, and Senior Military Officers.

I own a multi employee inspections company.

I know what I am looking at. If you take your clients money knowing that house is all jacked up, how can your u sleep at night?